Slides at big data initiative CNRS oct. 2016
CHALLENGES- Chernobyl Bird Audio Detection challenge, with QMUL UK and MADICS. Detecting bird sounds in audio is an important task for automatic wildlife monitoring, as well as in citizen science and audio library management. The current generation of software tools require manual work from the user: to choose the algorithm, to set the settings, and to post-process the results. This is holding bioacoustics back in embracing its “big data” era: let’s make this better! In collaboration with the IEEE Signal Processing Society we propose a research data challenge for you to create a robust and scalable bird detection algorithm. We offer new datasets collected in real live bioacoustics monitoring projects, and an objective, standardised evaluation framework – and prizes for the strongest submissions. Important dates 23rd September 2016: Development datasets published 16th January 2017: Deadline for submitting bird detection algorithms Jan 2017: Notification of results Feb 2017: (TBC) Submission of conference papers Summer 2017: Special session at conference, to present and discuss leading algorithms.
- 1000 species Large Scale Bird Classification - lifeClef 2017 is co-org by EADM. opens in nov. 2016.
You can have a look to the bird data complexity in the data used in our ENS Sorbonne Bird Challenge : 50 species, train dev and official test sets, you can submit your run to email@example.com
- Our bird Data Science Sorbonne ENS Paris, co-organized by MADICS : 50 species.
The Price Ceremony was in Inst. H. Poincarré Paris in June 2016 in presence of Fields Medal C. Villani.
We distribute the official data set, and you can submit your run to firstname.lastname@example.org, you'll receive your score.
- 1st internat. Bioacoustic Hackathon (by MADICS EADM) 26 & 27 october 2016 Toulon to solve in group some selected most difficult challenges in classification and tracking by passive acoustics of submarine BIOACOUSTIC TRANSIENTS - Free but mandatory registration, few places left (20 max). You will learn data mining for submarine sounds analyses, based on heterogeneous recordings of Physeter m. in Toulon within our projects like VAMOS
CALL FOR PAPER
- Gaël Richard, Tuomas Virtanen, Nobutaka Ono and Juan Pablo Bello, Hervé Glotin (SABIOD) edit a special issue of the prestigious IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing. The topic of the issue is scaled sound scene and event analysis for indoor and outdoor environments, including applications in bio-acoustics. The call for papers is available from here. Manuscripts are due July 12th, 2016.
- CYBERFOREST JAPAN : EADM MADICS worskhop 2nd of november "CyberForest and Sound Map", 20 years of Japan soundscape, Ecole Art Aix-en-Provence. Register by email to email@example.com
Program: Pr Kaoru SAITO (Dr, Professor, Landscape Architect / Leader of Cyberforest, Dep. of Natural Environmental Studies University of Tokyo). Dr Daisuke SHIMOTOKU (researcher Dep. of Natural Environmental Studies University of Tokyo). Dr Ayako TOKO (Tokyo University, Bunkyo-ku). Dr Grant Smith (Sound Camp - Artist sonore, Londres). Pr Herve Glotin (LSIS & MADICS).
- EADM Bioacoustic Workshop : "Bioacoustics in South America", Peruvian Institute for TIC and Biodiversity, august 2016, our preliminary action of EADM STICALSUD BRILA project ( STIC AmSud ). 20 participants.
- Join us at our IEEE Int. Workshop. held in conjuction with Int. Conf. on Data Mining (ICDM 2015) Extended deadline August 9:
'Environmental Acoustic Data Mining [EADM]',
14 nov. 2015, Atlantic City, USA.
Previous MASTODONS / SABIOD actions
- Sabiod opened the 10th Advanced Multimodal Information Retrieval int'l summer school / workshop
Big Data Sciences for Bioacoustic Environmental Survey,
21 & 22 april 2015, University de Toulon, Provence / french Riviera.
- Sabiod co-organizes the largest scaled bioacoustic bird classification challenge BIRD LIFECLEF 2015 wi th 1000 species, based on 33,000 CROWD-SOURCED audio records from the whole South-America (XenoCanto). This international challenge doubles the previous one we organized, and includ es it. in order to allow comparative studies (MAP computation on 2014 test set will be computed). The training and test set will be distributed mid january 2015. You'll be welcome to submi t runs until May (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / Sample).
- Sabiod co-organized the seminary Is Big Data Beautiful? Aix-en-Provence, dec. 2014.
- Sabiod was presented at the BIG DATA worskhop, french Ambassy Tokyo, with NII lab, nov. 2014.
This technical workshop focuses on acoustical signal processing and its applications for the observation of marine environments. Principal topics of interest are processing and inte
rpretation of underwater sounds in innovative ways for environmental, civil or defense purposes. The workshop will feature tutorials, 6 plenary sessions, talks and poster sessions d
uring 3 days (most of the talks will be given in French)
The workshop SERENADE provides a fantastic opportunity to network with like-minded professionals. As a novelty, this third edition will highlight the topics of passive acoustic moni toring in river environments.
Sessions: The national issues of underwater acoustics in France; Acoustical signal processing; Geophony, biophony, anthropophony and the impacts of human activities on the environment; Passive acoustic monitoring for streams, flows, and river environments.
- Sabiod supported the conference 'Ecology and acoustics: emergent properties from community to landscape': EcoAcoustics - Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, 16-18th june 2014 .
- Sabiod organized uLearnBio: Workshop on Unsupervised Learning from Bioacoustic Big Data @ ICML2014, june 2014, Beijing, China.
- Sabiod co-organized the 1st LifeCLEF 2014 Bird Identification challenge. It is based on 14K heterogeneous audio records of 500 species centered on Brazil. This challenge was the biggest ever organized, after the pionner ICML 2013 and NI PS 2013 bird challenges that SABIOD organized.
- Sabiod organized NIPS4B: Neural Information Processing Scaled for Bioacoustics, dec. 2013, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA.
- Sabiod organized the 1st Workshop on Machine Learning for Bioacoustics @ICML2013, June 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.