- CYBERFOREST JAPAN : EADM MADICS worskhop 2nd of november "CyberForest and Sound Map", 20 years of Japan soundscape, Ecole Art Aix en Provence. Register by email to email@example.com
Program: Pr Kaoru SAITO (Dr, Professor, Landscape Architect / Leader of Cyberforest, Dep. of Natural Environmental Studies University of Tokyo). Dr Daisuke SHIMOTOKU (researcher Dep. of Natural Environmental Studies University of Tokyo). Dr Ayako TOKO (Tokyo University, Bunkyo-ku). Dr Grant Smith (Sound Camp - Artist sonore, Londres). Pr Herve Glotin (LSIS & MADICS).
Chernobyl Bird Audio Detection challenge, with QMUL UK and MADICS. Detecting bird sounds in audio is an important task for automatic wildlife monitoring, as well as in citizen science and audio library management. The current generation of software tools require manual work from the user: to choose the algorithm, to set the settings, and to post-process the results. This is holding bioacoustics back in embracing its “big data” era: let’s make this better! In collaboration with the IEEE Signal Processing Society we propose a research data challenge for you to create a robust and scalable bird detection algorithm. We offer new datasets collected in real live bioacoustics monitoring projects, and an objective, standardised evaluation framework – and prizes for the strongest submissions.
- 1st internat. Bioacoustic Akatlhon (by MADICS EADM) 26 & 27 october 2016 Toulon to solve by subgroup some selected most difficult challenges in classification and tracking by passive acoustics of submarine biaocosutic - Free but mandatory registration2 places left. you will learn data mining for submarine sounds analyses, based on SABIOD ORCALAB and VAMOS corpus.
- Together with Gaël Richard, Tuomas Virtanen, Nobutaka Ono and Juan Pablo Bello, Hervé Glotin (SABIOD) is guest editing a special issue of the prestigious IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing. The topic of the issue is sound scene and event analysis for indoor and outdoor environments, including applications in bio-acoustics. The call for papers is available from here. Manuscripts are due July 12th, 2016.
- New Data Challenge at Data Science Sorbonne ENS Paris, organized by SABIOD : tiny Bird challenge (50 species), with online scoring, ends in july 2016. The Price Ceremony is in Inst. H. Poincarré Paris in June 2016.
BOMBYX NEWS: our sonobuoy localises the whales near Toulon.
- Join us at our IEEE Int. Workshop. held in conjuction with Int. Conf. on Data Mining (ICDM 2015) Extended deadline August 9:
'Environmental Acoustic Data Mining [EADM]',
14 nov. 2015, Atlantic City, USA.
- Sabiod opened the 10th Advanced Multimodal Information Retrieval int'l summer school / workshop
Big Data Sciences for Bioacoustic Environmental Survey,
21 & 22 april 2015, University de Toulon, Provence / french Riviera.
- Sabiod co-organizes the largest scaled bioacoustic bird classification challenge BIRD LIFECLEF 2015 with 1000 species, based on 33,000 CROWD-SOURCED audio records from the whole South-America (XenoCanto). This international challenge doubles the previous one we organized, and includes it. in order to allow comparative studies (MAP computation on 2014 test set will be computed). The training and test set will be distributed mid january 2015. You'll be welcome to submit runs until May (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / Sample).
- Sabiod co-organized the seminary Is Big Data Beautiful? Aix-en-Provence, dec. 2014.
- Sabiod was presented at the BIG DATA worskhop, french Ambassy Tokyo, with NII lab, nov. 2014.
This technical workshop focuses on acoustical signal processing and its applications for the observation of marine environments. Principal topics of interest are processing and interpretation of underwater sounds in innovative ways for environmental, civil or defense purposes. The workshop will feature tutorials, 6 plenary sessions, talks and poster sessions during 3 days (most of the talks will be given in French)
The workshop SERENADE provides a fantastic opportunity to network with like-minded professionals. As a novelty, this third edition will highlight the topics of passive acoustic monitoring in river environments.
Sessions: The national issues of underwater acoustics in France; Acoustical signal processing; Geophony, biophony, anthropophony and the impacts of human activities on the environment; Passive acoustic monitoring for streams, flows, and river environments.
- Sabiod supported the conference 'Ecology and acoustics: emergent properties from community to landscape': EcoAcoustics - Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, 16-18th june 2014.
- Sabiod organized uLearnBio: Workshop on Unsupervised Learning from Bioacoustic Big Data @ ICML2014, june 2014, Beijing, China.
- Sabiod co-organized the 1st LifeCLEF 2014 Bird Identification challenge. It is based on 14K heterogeneous audio records of 500 species centered on Brazil. This challenge was the biggest ever organized, after the pionner ICML 2013 and NIPS 2013 bird challenges that SABIOD organized.
- Sabiod organized NIPS4B: Neural Information Processing Scaled for Bioacoustics, dec. 2013, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA.
- Sabiod organized the 1st Workshop on Machine Learning for Bioacoustics @ICML2013, June 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.